Virgin America has debuted a new summer menu for the First Class cabin, developed in partnership with Dean & Deluca which offers fresh seasonal fare selections and exclusive ONEHOPE wine–a label produced in collaboration with Rob Mondavi, Jr.
The new Virgin America menu will also include nibbles which the airline describes as: “a curated selection of snacks in the sky.” Passengers can expect tasty caramel popcorn, spicy Cajun snack mix, raw almonds and gummi bears.
All of Virgin America’s menus are updated quarterly with sustainable and fresh ingredients, including local fruits and vegetables, premium meats and artisan breads.
This summer the airline’s menu will feature entrees like the beef Bulgogi Bibimbap in First, and a roast beef and cheddar sandwich on ciabatta bread for Main Cabin flyers, who can order their meal from the airline’s Red® seatback in-flight entertainment system at any time during a flight.
Red’s on-demand menu has an “open tab” feature which lets passengers run a tab throughout the flight and order whatever they like, with a single swipe of their card to pay for it all.
The exclusive offerings of Virgin America’s ONEHOPE Napa Valley Wines include the label’s 2013 Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon, especially chosen to remain flavourful despite the palate changes that occur at altitude, with bold, fruity flavours.
“We take pride in elevating the industry standard for guest experience – and designing our in-flight dining experience at 35,000 feet is no exception to this,” said Frances Fiorillo, SVP People & In-Flight Services. “We’re thrilled to partner with Dean & DeLuca – a gourmet brand that our discerning guests will enjoy and will help us continue our award-winning tradition.”
“We are pleased to partner with Virgin America on their summer menu,” said Justin Seamonds, President for Dean & DeLuca. “The Dean & DeLuca products offered are specially selected for Virgin America’s guests, providing refined taste and quality in onboard amenities. The summer menu represents the finest in sweet and savory options, bringing a taste of Dean & DeLuca’s global heritage to each flight.”
The fresh summer fare onVirgin America in First Class will also feature:
- Arugula, beet and orange salad appetizer with citrus-mint vinaigrette
- Beef Bulgogi Bibimbap bowl with marinated beef, julienned carrots, sauteed kale and pickled watermelon radishes served on a bed of coconut jasmine rice and topped with a spicy gochujang sauce
- Herb roasted chicken salad with a Dijon-tarragon vinaigrette
- Bittersweet chocolate ganache tart
Virgin America guests in Main Cabin can also enjoy new seasonal menu items, including:
- Roast beef and cheddar sandwich on ciabatta bread
- Veggie wrap with black rice, faro and edamame dressed in a light and refreshing soy yuzu vinaigrette
- Artisan cheese plate with white cheddar, muenster cheese, and camembert cheeses served along fresh Gala apples, green grapes and gluten free sea salt and olive oil crackers
- Mixed berry yogurt parfait with gluten-free granola
- Sea Salt Caramel 479 Degree Popcorn
- Krave Basil Citrus Turkey Jerky
- Jetset Kids Pack with fun, healthy snacks like Musselman’s Apple Sauce, Old Wisconsin’s Turkey Snack Stick, Yum Earth Fruit Snacks and Pirate’s Booty Aged White Cheddar.
The airline’s full summer menu is available here.
Virgin America has also refreshed its First Class amenities with plush, custom-designed duvets and pillows and an Autopilot Kit with eyeshades and earplugs.