To Flight Chic’s U.S. readers: Summer is very nearly over. It’s almost time to put away those white shoes. (Or not. I think that’s outdated fashion advice now, anyway). It’s time for new programming on TV. But first, the dreaded Labor Day Weekend rush.
Here’s 10 quick tips to remember as you prepare for all the fun ahead:
- Avoid the hassles at security (for next time) and get on TSA pre-check program
Have a question about #TSAprecheck? Check out our FAQ page: http://t.co/LRqkkrf7rH
— TSA (@TSA) September 3, 2015
2. Respect your flight attendants. Their jobs are tough enough already.
3. Don’t pack Lithium-Ion batteries into your checked luggage.
4. Do pack light.
5. Watch your alcohol intake onboard. Its effects are magnified at altitude and could make you act the fool.
6. On a related note, drink lots of water. All you really need is water.
7. Don’t use your drone to play around or film near any group or event, especially not near an airport—unless you’re fully licensed to do so by the FAA.
8. Be tolerant of fellow passengers (yes, that can be difficult–but think of it as an exercise in zen). They’re crowded and uncomfortable and irritable too.
9. Pay attention to the flight safety instructions and take that exit row responsibility seriously.
10. It’s a vacation! Keep it fun by practicing patience with the whole process. Try to enjoy the journey, and focus on your destination.
Now go make some good memories!