As it enters Year 3 of its “Always Getting Better” (AGB) campaign, Ryanair has revealed its 2016 customer experience initiatives which include service, digital, and inflight experience developments.
Ryanair’s Chief Marketing Officer, Kenny Jacobs said of plans for the year ahead:
“The continued drive to improve our customer experience has been reflected in the record passenger numbers and load factors we have had over the past 2 years, and we are pleased to launch Year 3 of our ‘Always Getting Better’ programme.
“While Year 1 and 2 were about fixing the areas customers didn’t like and improving the existing offering, Year 3 will be about digital acceleration and innovation, particularly through our Ryanair Labs digital developments.”
“The one thing that won’t change will be our low fares, and we’ll continue to offer the biggest and best choice of destinations, with the most on-time flights and a fantastic onboard experience, as we grow our fleet, traffic and routes.”
The new initiatives which will be rolled out over the year include:
- A commitment from Ryanair to pass on fuel savings to customers in even lower airfares
- The roll-out of the airline’s new aircraft interiors with slimline seats, more leg room, coat hooks, LED ambient lighting, “less yellow”
- The introduction of a Leisure PLUS bundle fare which includes reserved seats, priority boarding, and carriage of a 20kg bag
- Improvements to the airline’s Business PLUS fares which offer more flexible ticketing, fast-track available at more airports, and automated check-in.
- The option to purchase more travel ‘Extras’ through the airline’s mobile app – including seat upgrades, fast-track passes, and book ground transport facilities like parking or transfers
- A ‘One flick’ payment system on the mobile app
- A ‘Rate My Flight’ function on the mobile app, which lets customers rate crew and flight experience, giving the airline real-time customer feedback
- Self check-in and mobile boarding passes for reserved seat bookings made through My Ryanair
- A new ‘My Ryanair’ Club – which offers discounts and 24-hour priority access to seat sales
- A new my Ryanair ‘Top Up’ which lets members top up the accounts of friends and family, or to give top ups as gifts
- Simplified baggage options with 6 possible bag booking options, reduced from 108
- An improved Digital Gift Vouchers service for those giving flights as personal or corporate gifts
- New destination guides on the Ryanair website, app, and emails sent to customers
- Discounts to events and local restaurants at the destination
- A dedicated website for groups travelling together, which makes it easier for groups to make and manage their bookings
- A new ‘Ryanair Schools Travel’ travel agency dedicated to helping schools coordinate tours and offering more choice and savings.