Aeroméxico has launched a new website, a new mobile app, and automated airport kiosks as part of a multi-platform digital upgrade to which aims to simplify air travel for its customers.
The airline aims to be offer flyers a connected and personalised journey.
The multi-platform integration of digital services will keep the airline connected to its customers through the various travel touch-points from travel planning to day of travel updates and airport terminal services.
“The updated technology tools that we provide for our customers reflect the constant transformation and modernization plans taking place at Aeromexico,” said Chief Revenue Officer Anko Van der Werff.
New Aeromexico.com website
The new Aeroméxico website design has been updated with a more mobile-friendly interface and includes:
- Travel inspiration with personalised trips
- Improved functionality and ease of use letting customers book their reservations and check in for their flights with fewer clicks
- Functionality on all mobile devices, and a broader adoption of payment technology
- Enhanced customer control of their reservations and travel
- Clear and straightforward browsing options
- A minimalist and modern website aesthetic inspired by Mexican designs, with captivating images, vivid colours and contemporary iconography
New airport kiosks
The airline’s airport kiosks now feature:
- Check-in and payment for seat selection and extra baggage, as well as seat assignments and changes after check-in
- Faster service, with streamlined check-in times reduced by 50%, and a more intuitive kiosk navigation platform
- Technology including a document scanner, credit card reader, and a boarding pass and bag tag printer
- User experience complementing the interface of aeromexico.com and the website’s design features
- New options to be introduced over the next few months include baggage check-in, upgrade requests, and ancillary purchases to personalise flights and adjust itineraries
- The kiosks will feature menus in eight languages
Aeroméxico’s new kiosks have been installed in the Mexico City and Monterrey airports, and will soon be available at nine additional major airports nationwide.
Aeroméxico will release a new mobile app available for download during the last quarter of 2016, with features focused on day of travel services, that include:
- Flight notifications and personalized promotions
- Access to Aeromexico’s Club Premier loyalty program accounts
- User experience aligned with aeromexico.com
- Travel experience enhancements, from mobile check-in to personalised full transportation services.
- The first update will include innovative check-in flows and direct links to the airline’s new website for reservations, flight tracking information, and updates on baggage carousel number on arrival
- The airline will also add a multimedia player for onboard entertainment in 2017, which will let Aeroméxico passengers stream content onboard without having to download a separate app
This digital redesign has been a two year project for Aeroméxico working with airline technology partners at SABRE.