Hot happenings in the skies this week include a breath of fresh air.
This weekly post is my ‘round tuit’. Included are stories which caught my eye and others which I couldn’t cover in-depth during the week, but thought Flight Chic readers would want to know about.
30 787-9 Dreamliners, 10 777-300ERs with Letter of Intent for up to 60 737 MAX 8s
2. Greek Air Traffic Controllers strike averted, airlines had announced cancellations.
3. LATAM Airlines Brasil and Cathay Pacific Airways sign codeshare agreement. The shared flights will strengthen connectivity for passengers of both carriers traveling between South America and Asia.
· São Paulo (GRU) – London (LHR) – São Paulo (GRU)
· São Paulo (GRU) – Paris (CDG) – São Paulo (GRU)
· Rio de Janeiro (GIG) – New York (JFK) – Rio de Janeiro (GIG)
· São Paulo (GRU) – New York (JFK) – São Paulo (GRU)
4. Government, industry and civil society representatives celebrate agreement on new global market-based measure (GMBM) to control aviation’s CO2 emissions.
5. Changi Airport Group’s NorthLight Job Attachment career development program is a great way to support the community and foster the workforce of the future.
7. United Airlines donates up to 5 million frequent flyer miles and $100,000 to encourage customer donations for hurricane Matthew relief.
8. TUIfly operations shut down because of mass crew sick-in.
9. Smoking Galaxy Note 7 prompts SWA Flight Evacuation.
Owner claims this was a unit replaced after previous recall.