Delta Air Lines has revealed its new Premium Economy cabin, designed to harmonise with its Economy and Economy+ Product, as well as the new Delta Business Class suites. The new cabin class will be introduced on select international flights starting in fall 2017, and will be onboard the airline’s new A350 aircraft.
Delta A350s will feature 48 Delta Premium seats, as well as 32 Delta One suites and 226 Main Cabin seats. Delta Premium will roll out on its Boeing 777 fleet beginning in 2018.
Delta Premium will feature:
- More space with up to 38 inches of pitch, up to 19 inches of width and up to seven inches of recline. Delta Premium seats will also offer adjustable leg rests and head rests;
- Westin Heavenly® In-Flight Blanket with pillow and a TUMI amenity kit featuring Malin+Goetz Travel Essentials, allowing customers to settle in and arrive well-rested;
- Pre-departure beverage service followed by fresh, seasonal menu selections presented with Alessi serviceware designed exclusively for Delta;
- A 13.3-inch, high resolution in-flight entertainment screen that is among the largest in its class, allowing customers to stay entertained with Delta Studio’s industry-leading library of complimentary movies, shows and games, and noise-cancelling headphones;
- In-seat power ports for large and small devices and convenient storage to keep them within reach;
- Sky Priority service, which includes faster check-in, accelerated security, priority boarding and expedited baggage service.
“Delta Premium is Delta’s latest example of paying careful attention to what customers tell us they want and responding with unique products designed to meet their individual needs,” said Tim Mapes, Delta’s Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer.
The airline emphasises its focus on customer comfort improvements saying: “Delta has invested billions of dollars in its on-board product and the customer experience with orders for hundreds of new aircraft and a cabin modernisation program that includes new seats, seatback and streaming entertainment through Delta Studio, high capacity overhead bins, new lavatories, ambient lighting, access to Wi-Fi on nearly all flights, and other enhancements.”
A 360 degree tour of Delta Premium is available here.
All I can say is: BAM!
[…] doubled the surprise by announcing a true Premium Economy cabin to fill the experience gap between the new Delta One Business class experience and the Economy […]