Hot happenings in the skies this week include flying things bright and beautiful, great and small.
This weekly post is my ‘round tuit’. Included are stories which caught my eye and others which I couldn’t cover in-depth during the week, but thought Flight Chic readers would want to know about.
1. APEX takes a smart look at the challenges ahead for personal planes.
2. Baby Boomers takes on a whole new meaning.
3. WestJet’s long-haul LCC plans stymied by pilot vote against wide-body fleet expansion.
4. More competition on the way.
5. The protests against Heathrow expansion continue.
6. Airbus A350 XWB tour of China goes well.
7. Possible progress on UK’s APD tax.
8. TAP selects Recaro for A320 retrofit.
9. Congress blocks financing of Boeing deal with Iran.
10. Emirates expands IFE content with focus on professionals.
11. Hawaiian debuts colourful and stylish new uniforms.
12. Etihad Airways will set up A380 MRO services in Abu Dhabi with Airbus’ help.
13. Gatwick’s waste to energy program shortlisted for award.
14. Alaska Airlines flies with lumber power.
15. Lufthansa will get its first A350 on December 19th.
16. Aircraft connectivity will improve line maintenance, but processes still need to be refined.
17. Willie Walsh discusses U.S. election, Brexit, Aer Lingus plans and Irish tourism with the Irish Tourist Industry Confederation (ITIC).
18. Airports and airlines make advancements in Baggage Tracking technology.
19. United tackles budget-carriers with new Economy tier, asks passengers to travel light. (Mixed Reactions.)
20. How the A380 helps Seoul stay on the frontier of the future.
21. Japan’s Peach Aviation signs deal for 13 A320s.
“Our A320 fleet is growing as our route network expands, not only in the domestic market but also to various Asian cities,” said Shinichi Inoue, Managing Director and CEO, Peach Aviation. “By introducing the A320neo to our fleet we will enhance even further our profitability while continuing to offer our passengers greater comfort with 18-inch wide seats.” We believe that the A320neo will strengthen our position in the competitive Japanese aviation market.”
[…] a new work flow which has led to publishing more stories and new formats including the week’s Hot Aviation Happenings which has performed […]