This weekly post is my ‘round tuit’. Included are stories which caught my eye and others which I couldn’t cover in-depth during the week, but thought Flight Chic readers would want to know about.
Dismal timing for aviation strikes in the UK. (It’s beginning to look a lot like the Nightmare before Christmas.)
1. BA Flight Attendants announce strike. BA is not taking this lightly.
2. Virgin Atlantic flight crew also plan ‘work to contract’ action.
3. And Swissport ground handlers also announce strike action.
4. Lufthansa brings Brussels Airlines onboard.
5. Amazon’s First Ever Drone Delivery happened!
6. Delta Aeromexico JV gets go-ahead.
7. Aer Lingus introduces Visual Guides for travellers with Autism.
8. United partners with Banana Republic.
9. Lounges for Economy passengers
10. No more lounges on some SAS Premium routes.
11. Norwegian moves to the South Pole.
12. Panasonic gets onboard with Boliviana, Southwest, and Turkish Airlines.
13. How connected aircraft can help aviation meet environmental sustainability targets.
14. AeroMobile partners with Airtel Ghana.
15. European Aviation Network takes shape.
16. Ryanair explores tech to boost sales of in-flight meals.
17. We’re all carrying baggage. Some snazzier than others.
18. Mood lighting in focus
19. It’s going to be a harried week, but it doesn’t need to be horrible. Just keep your cool and Holly On!