This weekly post is my ‘round tuit’. Included are stories which caught my eye and others which I couldn’t cover in-depth during the week, but thought Flight Chic readers would want to know about.
It’s been a mad week in the skies, with all sorts of altercations.
But this is Christmas, so we’ll start and end with celebrations.
1. BA Flight attendants unions call of strikes in time for the Christmas rush.
2. Here’s to a 100 more years of innovation at Boeing!
3. OK. So something under $4 billion. ($3.9999999 billion?)
4. Carrie Fisher suffers heart attack onboard London-LA flight.
5. Remembering Pan Am 103.
6. Hijacking of Afriqiyah Airways flight safely resolved in Malta.
7. IAG plans its own low-cost transatlantic move.
8. TMI for Wi-Fi
9. JetBlue’s Wi-Fi installations nearly complete.
10. Alternative Wi-Fi In the Sky.
11. How aircraft connectivity can lower airline operating costs.
12. Simpliflying rates best airline marketing campaigns of 2016
13. U.S. gets social, in controversial security move.
14. Not a jokester. Just a jerk.
15. To quote Charlie Brown, ‘Good grief…’
16. Lufthansa celebrates new A350
17. Emirates delivers a little extra beauty onboard.
18. AIM Altitude breaks ground on new facilities.
19. Supplier consolidation continues.
20. United gets fresh.
21. BA gets Emoji-onal about travel.
22. Everybody wants something.
23. The Year in Review.
Great podcast discussion from our friends at Aviation Xtended.
APEX 2016 Headlines
That’s a lotta lobster.
25. Santa reporting for duty!
Make the most of the season.
To utterly misquote Shakespeare, ‘The world isn’t perfect, but thinking makes it so.’ During the holidays—and always—I wish you merriment and peace.