This weekly post is my ‘round tuit’. Included are stories which caught my eye and others which I couldn’t cover in-depth during the week, but thought Flight Chic readers would want to know about.
1. It’s shocking to have to begin the year with news of a deadly incident at an airport, but we face troubling times.
My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones at Fort Lauderdale Airport on Friday and all of those affected by the tragedy.
Delta is to be commended for effective crisis management in the wake of Ft. Lauderdale shootings.
2. KLM Will buy A350s
3. Niki cancels destinations as it becomes part of new leisure group created by Air Berlin, Etihad and TUI.
4. Europe is still largely committed to free movement.
5. Protectionism threatens aviation.
6. New British Airways “Buy on Board” Price List
7. Qatar Airways transfers some flights from Dreamliners to A350s.
8. IAG’s new Long-Haul LCC takes off in June as a separate brand flying A330s.
9. BA strike plans for the coming week.
10. Massive Customs and Border Patrol computer outage in U.S. disrupts travel across the country.
11. Practical applications of blockchain for airlines and travel.
12. Official: London City Airport is London City’s airport.