This weekly post is my ‘round tuit’. Included are stories which caught my eye and others which I couldn’t cover in-depth during the week, but thought Flight Chic readers would want to know about.
Oh, what a week.
1. Mother nature is beautiful. So is Hawaiian Airlines’ iconic livery.
Featured Image: by hnlramper posted to Instagram, used with permission.
2. Busy flights for rights.
3. A beautiful story of a lifetime’s dedication to aviation safety. If you read nothing else, read this.
4. This American Airlines uniform business should be solved already. If it was aircraft seat dress covers causing this much of a backlash, wouldn’t the airline have switched vendors by now?
The mystery of American Airlines' ailing flight attendants https://t.co/WgUtPrc4qj— FlightChic | ✈️💺 (@designerjet) January 18, 2017
5. Big 3 introduce LCC fares, but Spirit isn’t phased.
6. Ryanair in talks with Aer Lingus on possible transatlantic feeder routes.
7. easyJet revamps its marketing team, with a greater focus on digital and passenger experience.
8. Turning Alitalia around is difficult business.
9. Love Emirates’ new environmental initiative.
Blankets from recycled plastic bottles. Learn more about the largest sustainable blanket programme in the airline industry. pic.twitter.com/zNexTXc6Ca— Emirates Airline (@emirates) January 17, 2017