This weekly post is my ‘round tuit’. Included are stories which caught my eye and others which I couldn’t cover in-depth during the week, but thought Flight Chic readers would want to know about.
There was a big bunch of much muchness this week. Lots of it even made sense.
1. Big Win for Boeing
2. APEX Interviews Oscar Munoz
3. How Finnair Flies the Flag on the A350
4. KLM biometric advancements
5. Air France-KLM’s advanced personalisation strategy
7. Strikes again
8. The cash-raising ancillary that keeps on giving.
9. Scotland should abolish air tax, IATA
10. Everybody should abolish aviation taxes, A4E
11. Will Qatar Airways still want those 737 MAX aircraft?
Delta is churlish.
Fine, you don’t like each other; but when airlines fail to respect AOG (aircraft on ground) status things quickly unravel in the industry.
13. Speaking of..
14. Panasonic’s new hub
15. Time well spent.
16. All of this:
17. Well, if you say so…
18. That regulatory 2-for-1 EO could prove to be a real problem.
19. The Norwegian Argument
20. Stable immigration policy, for now.
21. It’s not a good time to make big decisions which negatively affect travel to the U.S.
23. Other views on Open Skies
24. Lighting Advances
25. Is IAG the next big Bombardier customer?
26. Big plans for LCC Long-Haul
27. Don’t Fire your Customer Service Team Yet
It turns out bots won’t be ready to empathise with customers for a good long while.
28. Norwegian’s east-bound plans.
29. Recaro’s very good year
30. Nothing says I love you like a big bonus.
31. Insights on Tech from Eash Sundaram, JetBlue
32. Restful Airport Spas
33. SAS’ New London and Spanish Bases
34. Lufthansa A350 Heads to Delhi for its first long-haul commercial flight.
35. APEX on cybersecurity, and more.
36. A beautiful way to save money.
37. A quick aviation history refresher.
38. Anna and her lost Teddy are reunited.
Great social engagement by Cork Airport.