This weekly post is my ‘round tuit’. Included are stories which caught my eye and others which I couldn’t cover in-depth during the week, but thought Flight Chic readers would want to know about.
There was a big bunch of much muchness this week. Lots of it even made sense.
1. Big Win for Boeing
2. APEX Interviews Oscar Munoz
3. How Finnair Flies the Flag on the A350
4. KLM biometric advancements
5. Air France-KLM’s advanced personalisation strategy
Air France-KLM’s ‘customer intimacy’ strategy: new technologies, human interaction and innovation via @FutureTravelX— FlightChic | ✈️💺 (@designerjet) February 10, 2017
British Airways cabin crew to strike for four more days – union https://t.co/W0SDHgmgEz— ReutersAerospaceNews (@ReutersAero) February 10, 2017
7. Strikes again
Lufthansa, pilots union to decide on mediator proposal on Feb. 15 https://t.co/fOJlhFWezY— ReutersAerospaceNews (@ReutersAero) February 10, 2017
8. The cash-raising ancillary that keeps on giving.
9. Scotland should abolish air tax, IATA
10. Everybody should abolish aviation taxes, A4E
11. Will Qatar Airways still want those 737 MAX aircraft?
Delta is churlish.
Emirates says Delta tantrum led to a six-hour flight delay https://t.co/7irQUpEaOl //Disrespect of AOG part status is just wrong.— FlightChic | ✈️💺 (@designerjet) February 11, 2017
Fine, you don’t like each other; but when airlines fail to respect AOG (aircraft on ground) status things quickly unravel in the industry.
13. Speaking of..
14. Panasonic’s new hub
15. Time well spent.
16. All of this:
Trump: "Airports are very important when you travel. Very important." https://t.co/Ltu7Hix1zy (via @jason_A320)— Will Horton (@winglets747) February 10, 2017
Well, this is awkward… 😕 pic.twitter.com/fAj7Bz6odT— FlightChic | ✈️💺 (@designerjet) February 9, 2017
Summary of Trump's meeting with airlines: Trump showed how much legroom you get pic.twitter.com/UN8MBXtSfA— Will Horton (@winglets747) February 9, 2017
17. Well, if you say so…
18. That regulatory 2-for-1 EO could prove to be a real problem.
19. The Norwegian Argument
"No other foreign airline invests more in the American economy or creates more American jobs than Norwegian," carrier says in response. https://t.co/Eqxe5t388k— Edward Russell (@e_russell) February 7, 2017
20. Stable immigration policy, for now.
21. It’s not a good time to make big decisions which negatively affect travel to the U.S.
Wow, it took 16 years for travel to US to recover from 9/11. 'Course there was a recession in the middle. But still. https://t.co/oepW3oT7WZ— 🛫Kathryn Creedy🛫 (@kcreedy) February 7, 2017
23. Other views on Open Skies
Some airlines CEOs don't agree with the Big 3 US airlines on undoing open skies. https://t.co/YGufEmk0ti— 🛫Kathryn Creedy🛫 (@kcreedy) February 7, 2017
24. Lighting Advances
25. Is IAG the next big Bombardier customer?
I'm hearing that IAG are going to announce an order for Bombardier CS300's for British Airways, Vueling and up to 10 for Aer Lingus #avgeek— Michael Kelly (@Michaelkelly707) February 11, 2017
26. Big plans for LCC Long-Haul
Norwegian Air, Ryanair talk bilateral interline. A good match but Kjos' alliance case less clear https://t.co/3faamHJBeA— Will Horton (@winglets747) February 9, 2017
27. Don’t Fire your Customer Service Team Yet
It turns out bots won’t be ready to empathise with customers for a good long while.
28. Norwegian’s east-bound plans.
29. Recaro’s very good year
30. Nothing says I love you like a big bonus.
31. Insights on Tech from Eash Sundaram, JetBlue
32. Restful Airport Spas
33. SAS’ New London and Spanish Bases
SAS' new foreign bases in London & Spain show rare innovative thinking for a legacy airline | CAPA https://t.co/hLPlm6MH7e— FlightChic | ✈️💺 (@designerjet) February 10, 2017
34. Lufthansa A350 Heads to Delhi for its first long-haul commercial flight.
35. APEX on cybersecurity, and more.
36. A beautiful way to save money.
The most attractive cost-savings initiative I’ve seen. Well done! https://t.co/dAK2cldHqm— FlightChic | ✈️💺 (@designerjet) February 9, 2017
37. A quick aviation history refresher.
38. Anna and her lost Teddy are reunited.
Great social engagement by Cork Airport.