This weekly post is my ‘round tuit’. Included are stories which caught my eye and others which I couldn’t cover in-depth during the week, but thought Flight Chic readers would want to know about.
Planes. Games. Power. Trips.
It was a busy week with lots to ponder.
1. Progress for new seats
2. This I like…
4. Hope for better (safer) batteries
In the mean time…
5. The benefits of mobile-first
6. No. Nope. Bad idea. Bad.
7. Most prefer in-flight gaming on their personal electronic device. (Makes sense, control-wise.)
8. Air Canada’s new deal with Amadeus
9. Who wants public comments anyway.
10. Why the commercial air travel passenger experience in the U.S. is bound to get worse. (Also why ATC reform will be tricky.)
11. But these are very nice…
12. Brilliant ad placement
13. ATC Strikes in France
14. France is not alone
15. How Finnair balances global and local branding
16. Wonder where it’s gone…
17. Order from chaos? Or just quaint suggestions?
18. Take note:
19. As with all tech, Biometrics have a dark side
20. New frontiers
21. Lufthansa introduces paid lounge access at Frankfurt.
22. Plus, most are now ‘too big to fail’.
23. Feast your eyes…
24. easyJet is becoming a digital powerhouse.
(I’m a now bit tired of the terms ‘disruptive’ and ‘disruption’. Is it just me?)
25. Between the pages…
26. This is where it gets tricky: Do you disappoint airlines or airports or just everybody?
27. Icelandair’s flash new kits are natural beauties.
28. Interesting twist. Buyer’s remorse?
29. Finnair’s new tech ties
30. Air France/KLM petitions Commissioner Bulc to act on Gulf carrier growth.
31. Ryanair growth in Denmark
32. Cuba demand slow to grow.
33. But is there a market for speed?
34. Ryanair never misses an opportunity.
35. In fairness, two of these gentlemen are not wearing blue ties, which mixes things up a bit.
36. More of this.
May week 10 bring you great success! Failing that, may it bring fresh pastries.