The Thanksgiving holiday is fast approaching in the U.S. with 3.2 million outbound passengers expected to take to the skies on the 21st, according to OAG.
Here are some key stats from OAG on what to expect at airlines and airports throughout the Thanksgiving weekend:
- American Airlines and Southwest Airlines have made the most seats available over the weekend (over 2 million each).
- Delta Air Lines, with just under two million seats available, has the best on-time performance of all U.S. carriers listed (84.5%).
- The busiest route will be Los Angeles to San Francisco, with 46,388 seats in demand; Atlanta to Orlando comes in second with 37,301 seats in demand.
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Airport will be the busiest over the holiday weekend, with 600,251 seat capacity allocated; Los Angeles comes in a close second with 513,863 seats.
- Fortunately, for those flying out of Atlanta, the airport also has the highest on-time performance (87.3%).
- Dallas-Fort Worth offers the second-highest on-time performance (86.2%) and is expected to serve 379,622 passengers.
- Flying out early (or very late) will give you a better chance of getting home on time for the turkey.
- The optimum time to fly out is between 2:00 am and 6:00 am, when there is only a 2.7% chance of delay.