Norwegian Reports 14% Passenger Growth in September, 50% Growth on Long-Haul Routes

Norwegian reports that it carried almost 2.8 million passengers in September, which is an increase of 14 percent compared to the same month last year.

Nok Air CEO Plane-Splains It All

This is a unique way to get the message across, highlights series available customers might not already know about, makes the airline very relatable–and saves on actors.

Love and Strife: Key Aviation Stories You Might Have Missed in February

Due to my few posts last month, readers might assume that I took the month of February off to celebrate the birthday of the 747, which just happens to coincide with my own. I did. There was chocolate cake. But […]

Northern European Skies Just Got Hotter: New Codeshare Plans for SAS and Etihad Airways

This morning’s announcement of codeshare plans between SAS and Etihad Airways has very interesting implications for the Northern European travel market, and for Europe’s aviation industry as a whole.

Ryanair Continues Strong Financial Performance with 32% Rise In Half Year Profits

Ryanair has announced an H1 Net Profit increase of 32% to €795m.  Traffic grew by 4% to 51.3 million passengers, average air fares increased by 5% and total revenues rose by 9% to €3,537 million.  Unit costs also fell by […]

VietJetAir’s first of 100 A320s enters final assembly 

Airbus has announced that the final assembly of VietJetAir’s first of up to 100 A320s on order is now underway in Toulouse, France; acquired by the airline under a deal finalised in February this year. The acquisition plan covers firm […]

Norwegian Shrugs-Off Open Skies Delays

Following a decision by the US Department of Transportation to delay its approval of Norwegian Air International (NAI),  the airline has issued a statement that it remains confident it will ultimately gain approval. “While we think it is unfortunate that […]

New Competition for Norwegian from the East: Prize-Winning Long-Haul Low-Cost AirAsia X Orders 50 A330neo To Reach Europe

AirAsia X, the long-haul affiliate of the Skytrax Winning AirAsia (World’s Best and Asia’s Best Low-Cost Carrier as announced today) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Airbus for 50 A330-900neo at Farnborough.   This purchase will make Air Asia X […]

Airbus Continues to Walk A Wide Line on Seating, and Boeing Takes The Fast Road to the Front

Airbus has made a big issue about wide seating proposing an 18-inch standard for the industry at large in long-haul service. Such a standard would not fit certain aircraft configurations, even some of Airbus’ aircraft, when airlines demand greater seat density […]