Lufthansa Group’s Exciting Investment and Partnership with Spotnana for Direct NDC Integrations
Spotnana and Lufthansa Group have joined forces to spur innovation in digital air retailing. Direct New Distribution Capability (NDC) integrations include integrating Lufthansa Group’s innovative Green Fares.
Spotnana, hailed as the world’s premier Travel-as-a-Service platform. The company modernizes the infrastructure of the travel industry. Recently, it has partnered with Lufthansa Group. Spotnana will concurrently enable direct NDC integrations to Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, Lufthansa, SWISS, Air Dolomiti, and Eurowings Discover. The pioneering Travel-as-a-Service platform will support Lufthansa Group’s Green Fares via NDC, speeding up innovation in digital air retailing. Both companies will collaborate more closely to devise strategies for modernizing distribution.
“Spotnana is the first company to solve the end-to-end traveler journey via NDC including servicing and duty of care, and we’re continuing to deliver additional capabilities with each new integration,” said Bill Brindle, VP of Content and Travel Operations at Spotnana. “Over the past few months our engineering team worked closely with Lufthansa Group engineers to quickly deliver comprehensive direct NDC integrations for multiple airlines in parallel, as well as add support for Lufthansa Group Green Fares”
A Closer Look at Lufthansa’s NDC Fares System: Features and Advantages
The collaboration with Spotnana enhances Lufthansa Group’s digital capabilities. It creates new industry benchmarks for online shopping and speeds up innovation by sharing knowledge. Spotnana addresses the whole traveler’s journey through direct NDC integration. The integrations enable personalized booking experiences, self-service changes, cancellations, and comprehensive servicing. Their single platform provides real-time global analytics that benefit both travelers and agents.
Spotnana’s extensible data model and microservices are designed to support the distribution of innovative offers. Now, travelers and agents using Spotnana can access Lufthansa Smart Offer fares. These offers feature various attractive fares only available via NDC and continuous pricing.
Embracing the Green Fares: Lufthansa Group Airlines’ Sustainable Flying Approach
Spotnana’s direct NDC integrations with Lufthansa Group airlines also include support for Green Fares. They reduce up to 20% of flight-related CO2 emissions by using sustainable aviation fuels (SAF). Offsetting parts or all of the remaining 80% of the CO2 emissions with a contribution to high-quality climate protection projects. Green Fares are showcased alongside other fare options in Spotnana’s next-generation storefront. This aligns with Spotnana’s and the Lufthansa Group’s vision for more eco-friendly travel.
“Spotnana’s approach to NDC integration and agility has enabled them to quickly build deep integrations to our NDC APIs,” commented Frank Naeve, Senior Vice President Global Markets & Stations for the Lufthansa Group. “It is evident that their modern architecture is designed to leverage the potential of NDC and foster rapid innovation in the industry.”
Lufthansa Group invested in Spotnana’s Series B funding round
In July 2022, Spotnana announced a $75M boost in Series B funding to speed up the development of its next-generation Travel-as-a-Service platform.
“Lufthansa Group is an exceptional partner that invested in our success early on, accelerating our ability to bring the benefits of modern distribution, seamless global travel experiences, and unbiased global content to everyone,” said Sarosh Waghmar, Founder and CEO of Spotnana. “We’re looking forward to partnering on additional innovation, and we are just beginning to scratch the surface of what we can deliver together.”
Spotnana is a travel platform that is revolutionizing the travel industry. The company aims to bring freedom, simplicity, and trust to travelers around the globe. Their Travel-as-a-Service Platform simplifies and makes corporate travel more affordable. It supports an ecosystem of agency, supplier, and technology provider partners to increase operational efficiency, unlock new revenue sources, and expedite innovation.
About Lufthansa Group
The Lufthansa Group is an internationally operating aviation group. With a workforce of 109,509, the Lufthansa Group generated revenue of EUR 32,770m in the financial year 2022. The Lufthansa Group comprises the segments Network Airlines, Eurowings and Aviation Services. Aviation Services includes the segments Logistics, MRO, Catering and Additional Businesses and Group Functions. The latter also includes Lufthansa AirPlus, Lufthansa Aviation Training and the IT companies. All segments hold a leading position in their respective markets.