Etihad Airways, the national carrier of the United Arab Emirates, has announced its exciting Summer flight schedule for 2024, showcasing its ambitious growth plans.
- New flights to Nice in the South of France and the iconic Greek island of Santorini are among the eye-catching destinations.
- An ambitious expansion of flights and frequencies further boosts Abu Dhabi’s global reach with almost 25 percent more weekly departures than last summer.
- Customers will enjoy even more convenient connection times and flight options.
The airline is introducing new non-stop flights to Nice, the beautiful destination on the French Riviera, as well as direct services to the popular Greek holiday hotspots of Mykonos and Santorini.
Due to the overwhelmingly positive response from guests, Etihad has made flights to Copenhagen and St Petersburg year-round destinations.
Moreover, the timetable includes increased frequencies to enhance connectivity to destinations such as Ahmedabad, Athens, Bangkok, and Colombo.
“Our exciting summer schedule reinforces our commitment to growth, giving our customers the destinations, frequencies and timings for European and Asian destinations which suit them,” said Antonoaldo Neves, Chief Executive Officer, Etihad Airways. “It also allows us to attract more visitors to Abu Dhabi to promote the expansion of tourism in our wonderful home.
“We are boosting capacity to international locations and introducing destinations, including Nice on the Cote d’Azur, allowing our guests to enjoy even more fantastic travel experiences. Our schedule is also making it easier to stopover in Abu Dhabi to enjoy our exhilarating and welcoming home.”
Highlights of Etihad’s Improved Summer Flight Schedule
- Athens, Greece, sees an increase to 12 flights a week from May and 14 from July.
- Recently launched Copenhagen, Denmark, and St Petersburg, Russia become year-round destinations.
- Malaga, Spain, will enjoy a three-weekly service for Summer 2024.
- Mykonos, Greece, gets two flights per week during the summer, and Santorini, Greece, also gets two weekly flights.
- Nice, France gets two non-stop weekly services from June 2024.
- Bangkok, Thailand, will benefit from three more weekly flights from February, reaching 17 flights a week.
- Colombo, Sri Lanka, enjoys a frequency increase to 10 weekly flights from January, rising to 14 from May, and an adjusted schedule for even better connectivity to European destinations.
Etihad is expanding its network with exciting new destinations in 2024, including Kozhikode and Thiruvananthapuram in India, Boston in North America, and Nairobi in East Africa. The airline is committed to growth and plans to add more destinations in the coming year. With convenient timings and frequencies, passengers will have greater flexibility to explore Abu Dhabi’s stopover hotels and attractions.
Etihad Summer 2024 Flight Schedule
|Destinations||Change||Total Frequency||Start Date|
|Colombo||+3 per week||10 per week||January 15, 2024|
|+4 per week||14 per week||May 1, 2024|
|Bangkok||+3 per week||17 per week||February 22, 2024|
|St Petersburg||Extended year-round||2 per week||March 31, 2024|
|Copenhagen||Extended year-round||4 per week||March 31, 2024|
|Athens||+5 per week||12 per week||May 1, 2024|
|+2 per week||14 per week||July 15, 2024|
|Malaga||Summer 24 service||3 per week||June 2, 2024|
|Santorini||New route||2 per week||June 15, 2024|
|Nice||New route||2 per week||June 15, 2024|
|Mykonos||Summer 24 service||2 per week||June 17, 2024|
|Kozhikode||New route||7 per week||January 1, 2024|
|Thiruvananthapuram||New route||7 per week||January 1, 2024|
|Boston||New route||4 per week||March 31, 2024|
|Nairobi||New route||7 per week||May 1, 2024|