During the Christmas and New Year holidays, Swedavia’s airports experience a significant increase in passenger traffic as more people fly to be with loved ones. If you are considering traveling from one of Swedavia’s ten airports, including Arlanda, Bromma, or Landvetter, a little preparation in advance will ensure a smooth journey.
Here are five tips for Christmas travel through Swedavia Airports:
- You should plan to arrive at all airports when your check-in or bag drop opens. Stockholm Arlanda has a service where you can search for your flight, and you will get a recommended time to arrive at the airport based on your particular flight. The service can be found on Arlanda’s website or on the Swedavia app.
- If you are bringing Christmas food containing liquids, ensure it is securely packaged. Pack food and wrap Christmas gifts in your checked baggage.
- Check-in online at home or at the self-check-in kiosks at the airport, where you can print your bag tag. Then, drop off your luggage at your designated counter for Bag Drop.
- Are you bringing skis, strollers, or other special baggage? Then, you can go to your check-in desk first to get a label and then to Special Baggage.
- Prepare for security control ahead of time. You can find all the information you need on each airport’s website.
“Swedavia airports and our partners have worked hard to prepare so that all passengers who fly through our airports before and during the Christmas and New Year holidays get their journey off to a good start,” says Peder Grunditz, COO of International Airports, Swedavia. “We would like to take this opportunity to wish our passengers a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!”
About Swedavia Airports
Swedavia is a leading group that owns and operates ten airports across Sweden. Our main focus is to provide convenient travel, support business activities, and foster productive meetings. Ensuring the satisfaction and safety of travelers is at the core of our business. We are proud to be a global leader in creating airports with minimal climate impact. Since 2020, all ten of Swedavia’s airports have been running on clean, renewable energy sources. With a turnover of around SEK 4.8 billion and a workforce of approximately 2,400 employees, Swedavia is committed to continuous growth and development in the aviation industry.