China Eastern Airlines has announced the launch of a direct flight service connecting Shanghai with Istanbul, with service beginning on September 28, 2023. This is a landmark flight service for a Chinese airline and the first-ever direct connection between China and Turkey. China Eastern flights connect two of the world’s major aviation hubs.
Details of the New Service to/from Türkiye
- Route: Shanghai-Istanbul
- Flight Numbers: MU703/704
- Frequency: Three times weekly – Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
- Departure: 01:30 Beijing time from Shanghai Pudong International Airport.
- Arrival: 08:30 local time at Istanbul Airport.
- Return: Departure from Istanbul Airport at 14:00 local time, with arrival at Shanghai Pudong International Airport at 05:30 Beijing time the next day.
The rapid rise of the civil aviation travel sector in 2023 has ushered China Eastern Airlines to proactively extend its global footprint. The Shanghai-Istanbul route, connecting Asia and Europe, is essential to that strategy.
China Eastern coordinated the flight to the advantage of passengers:
- Direct Passengers: The flight schedule guarantees hassle-free, swift travel.
- Connecting Passengers: The timings usher in various choices and elevate travel efficiency. For instance, passengers landing in Istanbul at 08:30 AM can swiftly transit to flights bound for Europe, Africa, and more. Conversely, arrivals at Shanghai Pudong International Airport have the luxury of tapping into a vast flight network. They can swiftly connect to destinations across the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, Southeast Asia, Japan, and South Korea. China Eastern Airlines is the dominant carrier at Shanghai Pudong International Airport, giving passengers an edge in connectivity options.
By introducing this new route, China Eastern Airlines is enhancing international connectivity.