Experience More: American Airlines and Citi Roll Out Enhanced Benefits for AAdvantage Cardholders
Prepare to fly in style because American Airlines and Citi are introducing new perks for the Citi®/AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard. Upgrades include members earning even more AAdvantage® miles and Loyalty Points, and relaxing in American’s Admirals Club lounges.
New benefits will be available starting July 23, and enhancements to the Admirals Club will be gradually introduced.
“We’re excited to enhance the Citi/AAdvantage Executive card to offer industry-leading benefits while also improving the Admirals Club experience for our customers,” said Scott Laurence, American’s Senior Vice President of Partnership Strategy. “American is grateful to our partners at Citi for providing outstanding experiences and customer service to AAdvantage members and co-brand card members for more than 35 years. Travel is better as an AAdvantage member, and it’s even better as a Citi/AAdvantage Executive card member.”
“For more than 35 years, Citi and American Airlines have set the standard for co-brand product offerings, continuing to update products based on our card members’ evolving lifestyles,” said Pam Habner, CEO of U.S. Branded Cards and Lending at Citi. “Card members today want to be rewarded for moments big and small. We designed this refreshed card with elevated travel benefits to get card members to their next getaway sooner, along with new ways to reward card members for day-to-day luxuries.”
Upping the Game for Admirals Club Lounges
If you enjoy kicking back in comfort at the swanky Admirals Club lounges of American Airlines, good news! The airline is about to crank it up a notch.
American has announced a food and beverage makeover that’ll leave your taste buds tingling.
The food options are getting better, with gourmet twists and flavors that reflect the destination. They’re expanding the drink choices too, so you can quench your thirst in style.
Are you ready to feast on some seriously tasty treats? Starting on July 23rd, selected cities will be treated to complimentary premium food offerings—hot and cold breakfast items and menus filled with regional specialties that’ll have you salivating. Enjoy Miami’s mouthwatering Cuban pork sliders, or Washington, D.C.’s mini crab cakes.
There’ll even be grab-and-go snacks at some lounges. Perfect for travelers who have tight connections.
Get ready to kick back, relax, and let American Airlines pamper you with complimentary sparkling wine on tap. They’re also introducing craft beers and top-notch spirits like scotch and tequila to quench your thirst.
The complimentary cocktail menu is also getting an upgrade, including mimosas, Bloody Marys, and signature drinks inspired by local flavors. Cheers!
American Airlines announced their Admirals Club lounges are also getting a facelift. Picture sleek and cozy spaces that’ll make you feel like a VIP.
These upgrades will be available at all domestic Admirals Club lounges by early 2024.
American is also set to unveil brand new, state-of-the-art lounges at Denver International Airport and Newark Liberty International Airport in the coming months.
However, with these upgrades comes a slight change. Starting July 23, the rates for Admirals Club annual memberships and One Day Passes will be updated. The new annual membership will cost $850 or 85,000 miles, and a One Day Pass will be available for $79 or 7,900 miles.
There’s no such thing as a free lunch, right?
Just the Facts
- The revamped Citi/AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard cardholders can rack up valuable credits from their favorite car rentals, ride-shares, and food delivery services.
- Comprehensive travel insurance will have your back if your trips take unexpected turns.
- Card members can earn more AAdvantage® miles and Loyalty Points, while enjoying Admirals Club® membership, priority access and dedicated customer service.
- American is taking the Admirals Club lounge experience a notch higher with revamped food offerings, expanded complimentary drink menus and soon-to-be-unveiled new lounge locations in Denver and Newark. The airline promises a superior lounge experience is coming your way in the next few months.
Citi/AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard enhancements:
- Credits for everyday spending and travel
- Up to $120 back on eligible Avis® or Budget car rentals every calendar year.
- Up to $120 back on eligible Grubhub purchases (up to $10 statement credit on each monthly billing statement).
- Up to $120 in Lyft credits ($10 credit each month after taking three eligible rides).
- Greater earn on miles
- 4X AAdvantage miles on eligible American Airlines purchases. After spending $150,000 in a calendar year, card members can earn a total of 5X AAdvantage miles on eligible American Airlines purchases for the remainder of the calendar year.
- 10X AAdvantage miles on eligible car rentals booked through aa.com/cars and eligible hotels booked through aa.com/hotels.
- Loyalty Point bonuses to reach AAdvantage status faster
- A 10,000 Loyalty Point bonus after reaching 50,000 Loyalty Points in a status qualification year.
- An additional 10,000 Loyalty Point bonus after reaching 90,000 Loyalty Points in the same status qualification year.
- Protection for travel plans
- Trip Cancellation & Interruption Protection
- Trip Delay Protection
- Lost Baggage Protection
- Worldwide Car Rental Insurance
- From July 23, the revamped Citi/AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard ups the ante with a $595 annual fee for primary users and a $175 annual fee for the first three authorized users, then a $175 fee for each additional user.
- Between July 23 and Sept. 6, new applicants who get approved for the card can bag themselves a whopping 100,000 AAdvantage bonus miles after spending $10,000 in the first three months of account opening.
- Along with these fresh perks, Citi/AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard card members continue to enjoy their existing benefits.
- Admirals Club membership.
- Up to $100 credit on a Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® application fee (now every four years).
- First checked bag free for the primary card member and up to eight companions on the same reservation on American Airlines domestic flights.
- 25% savings on eligible American Airlines inflight food and beverage purchases when using the card.
- Enhanced airport experience offering priority boarding, priority check-in and priority screening on American Airlines flights for the primary card member and up to eight companions on the same reservation.
- Dedicated concierge.
For more information about Citi/AAdvantage credit cards, visit citicards.com.