Norwegian won recognition as the “Best low-cost airline” during the 2023 Danish Travel Awards, the most prestigious award of its kind in Denmark. The results are based on a survey of 3,000 Danish travelers by Epinion. Travelmedia Nordic organizes the awards.
“We are very happy and proud to have won the ‘Best Low-Cost Airline’ award in Denmark. The victory can be attributed to all my colleagues working daily to provide our customers with the best service. Their professionalism, dedication, and good humor underlies this recognition. I know they look forward to welcoming our travelers on board every day,” says Christoffer Sundby, EVP for Sales, Marketing, and Customer Service at Norwegian.
Norwegian won “Best low-cost airline” over fellow nominees Pegasus Airlines and Vueling. In addition to winning the category for Best Low-Cost Airline, Norwegian came third in the category ‘Best Domestic Airline.’ Last year, Norwegian won the award as ‘Best European Airline’ at the Danish Travel Awards.
How Danish Travel Award Winners are Determined
The Danish analysis institute Epinion surveys with 3,000 participants from the consumer panel. A representative section of the population, divided by age, gender, and place of residence, submits their ratings.
The consumers in Epinion’s panel give award candidates a score from 1-10 if they have used the product in the past 24 months. A final score forms the basis for awarding the winners. The final determination is based on three key factors: the number of respondents, the average rating, and the brand’s Netpromotor score.
This year’s winners of the Danish Travel Awards 2023 in Aviation
The Danish Travel Awards winners in aviation for 2023 – last year’s winners are in parentheses:
- Best Charter Airline: Atlantic Airways ahead of Sunclass Airlines and SAS (2022: Sunclass Airlines)
- Best Low-Cost Airline: Norwegian ahead of Pegasus Airlines (Turkey) and Vueling (Spain) (New Category)
- Best European scheduled airline: Icelandair ahead of Finnair and KLM (2022: Norwegian)
- Best Intercontinental Scheduled Airline: Emirates ahead of KLM and Qatar Airways (2022: Qatar Airways)
- Best Domestic Airline: Alsie Express ahead of DAT and Norwegian (2022: DAT)
- Best Danish Airport: Aalborg Airport ahead of Billund Airport and Copenhagen Airport (2022: Aalborg Airport)
- Aviation award: Jan Hessellund, managing director of Billund Airport.