Air India Unveils New Brand Identity and Aircraft Livery
Air India, a Tata Group-owned airline, has revealed an innovative brand identity and new aircraft livery that encapsulates the spirit of a progressive India. This is a significant milestone in the airline’s Vihaan.AI transformation from a national institution to a national inspiration. The company’s bold new look reimagines the classic Indian window shape into a golden frame that becomes central to the new brand design system, signifying a ‘Window of Possibilities’.
The airline’s new logo symbol, ‘The Vista’, is influenced by the apex of the golden window frame, symbolizing unlimited possibilities, progressiveness, and the airline’s bold, confident vision for the future.
Air India’s Brand New Aircraft Livery and Design
Air India’s brand-new aircraft livery and design feature a palette of deep red, aubergine, and gold accents and a chakra-inspired pattern. It also showcases a striking new custom-made ‘Air India Sans’ font, combining confidence and warmth to position Air India as premium, inclusive, and accessible.
Campbell Wilson, Air India CEO & MD, said of the new branding: “Our transformative new brand reflects an ambition to make Air India a world class airline serving guests from around the globe, and that represents a new India proudly on the global stage.
“The new Air India is bold, confident, and vibrant, but also warm and deeply rooted to its rich history and traditions that make Indian hospitality a global benchmark for standards in service.”
Air India’s New Brand Essence (Video)
Air India’s Collaboration with FutureBrand
Created in collaboration with the brand transformation company, FutureBrand, the iconic new brand identity merges Air India’s illustrious past with its drive to strive for excellence and innovate for the future, crafting a standout brand design for a premium global airline with an Indian essence.
Air India’s New Brand Identity Images
Air India’s New Livery Details
Starting in December 2023, travelers will notice the introduction of Air India’s fresh logo across their journeys. The new livery will be presented on Air India’s inaugural Airbus A350, marking the beginning of a new chapter for the airline.
A Brand New Cabin Interior for the Boeing B777-300ER
As part of the reveal of its new brand, Air India also shared a video tour of its new cabin interiors which will be retrofitted on the airline’s Boeing B777-300ER aircraft.
Significant Investments Made by Air India
“Colors, patterns, shapes and how they come together and what they represent matter, but our actions speak so much louder. We are in the midst of a total transformation to reimagine the role of India’s flagship airline”, Wilson said.
- Air India has confirmed historic purchase agreements. The airline has penned deals to acquire 470 aircraft from Airbus and Boeing at US$70 billion (based on published list prices). Deliveries of the new aircraft start in November this year.
- Air India’s fleet transformation has already begun, with the airline leasing and buying 20 widebody aircraft this year. A US$400 million program to completely refurbish the interiors of its legacy fleet of 43 widebody aircraft commences mid-2024.
- Air India has launched a new website and mobile app. They offer a significantly improved experience with new digital tools and features.
- The carrier will also launch a new “open all hours, every day” customer contact center in nine Indian and foreign languages by the end of this year. The airline plans a completely redesigned loyalty program in early 2024 to enable thousands of new redemption possibilities.
- The airline is investing in building completely new lounges at Delhi and New York JFK airports. Air India recently announced a global lounge network expansion. The airline plans to offer 100% lounge access coverage for premium customers at all destinations in its international route network.
- Air India has welcomed over 5,000 new staff, including 3,200 Cabin Crew and nearly 1,000 Cockpit Crew. These new team members help drive the cultural transformation at the heart of Air India. The airline is also heavily investing in building one of the world’s largest aviation training academies in India. It will upskill a massive number of aviation professionals.
About Air India:
Born out of the visionary leadership of the iconic JRD Tata, Air India has been the torchbearer of India’s aviation industry. Inaugurating its first flight on October 15, 1932, the airline has grown to establish an expansive domestic infrastructure, offering non-stop flights to a plethora of global destinations, including the USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Far-East, South-East Asia, Australia, and the Gulf region. After spending 69 years under government stewardship, January 2022 marked a significant moment of homecoming for Air India and Air India Express as they were warmly reabsorbed into the Tata group.
Under the strategic guidance of Vihaan.AI, Air India is currently embarking on an ambitious five-year transformation journey with the goal of achieving the status of a world-class airline that pulsates with the heart of India. The first phase of this monumental transformation, aptly coined the ‘taxi phase’, was recently completed. It concentrated on streamlining fundamental operations. This encompassed the reactivation of numerous long-grounded aircraft, the recruitment of adept talent across flight and ground operations, the rapid modernization of technology, and the bolstering of customer care initiatives, among other significant strides.
As a member of Star Alliance, the world’s most extensive consortium of premier international airlines, Air India is committed to providing its passengers with seamless connectivity and world-class facilities, extending its global reach.