Airbus has published its order and delivery performance for December 2023. It shows the aircraft manufacturer completed a total of 112 deliveries to 51 customers during the month. Additionally, Airbus secured 807 gross orders for the month. This reflects strong market demand for aircraft as airlines expand and renew their fleets to meet growing passenger numbers and adopt more sustainable and efficient aircraft technology. Airbus successfully delivered over 735 aircraft to 87 customers last year through December.
Notable Airbus Order Announcements in December
In the last month of last year, Airbus announced a series of notable orders, including:
- Aircraft lessors Avolon significantly expanded its fleet by ordering an additional 100 Airbus A321neo aircraft, bringing its total order to 190 units.
- In a major fleet expansion move, Turkish Airlines ordered 220 Airbus aircraft, including a mix of 150 A321 narrowbody and 70 A350 widebody planes.
- Further strengthening their short and medium-haul operations, the Lufthansa Group has confirmed the purchase of 40 Airbus A220-300 aircraft.
- EVA Air from Taiwan invested in its long-haul and regional fleet with the confirmation of 18 A350-1000s and 15 A321neo aircraft from Airbus.
- With shareholder backing, easyJet finalized an order for an additional 157 aircraft from the Airbus A320neo Family, supporting a robust plan for fleet expansion.
Airbus Orders and Deliveries Summary – Table
|Aircraft in Operation
Boeing To Share Vision for Sustainable Aviation at Singapore Airshow Boeing will showcase its latest…Read More
Royal Jordanian Airlines expanded its fleet, taking delivery of their first two Embraer E195-E2 airc…Read More
Alaska Airlines 737-9 MAX flights began again with the afternoon Seattle to San Diego flight on Frid…Read More
Airbus’ Comprehensive Service Center: A Game-Changer for Aircraft Lifecycle Management Airbus …Read More
Embraer Celebrates Milestone with 1600th Ipanema Aircraft Delivered Amid Soaring Sales The Ipanema, …Read More
Airbus had a strong performance in 2023, delivering 735 commercial aircraft to 87 customers worldwid…Read More
Airbus has secured a significant order from EVA Air of Taiwan. The airline has confirmed its purchas…Read More
Airbus has delivered its first aircraft assembled at its newest A320 Family Final Assembly Line (FAL…Read More
After obtaining shareholder approval, easyJet has confirmed a firm order for 157 additional Airbus a…Read More
Emirates has announced an order for 15 additional Airbus A350-900s at the Dubai Airshow 2023, worth …Read More
Ethiopian Airlines Group and Airbus have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for 11 additiona…Read More
Boeing [NYSE: BA] and Ethiopian Airlines have recently announced a significant aircraft order. As pa…Read More